FrogSlayer is looking for a savvy B2B content specialist that’s committed to engaging and educating fast-growing, technology-frustrated companies around the U.S. With a handle on every aspect of our business, this person will oversee all external communications, shaping how the public and our clients connect with the FrogSlayer brand.
Marketing at FrogSlayer is fast-paced, with a focus on agility and measurable results. Our team:
- Stays flexible and nimble, adapting to the quickly changing needs of the business.
- Focuses on communicating our brand promises and our client success, which is the centerpiece of our marketing approach.
- Is ruthless about working on the initiatives that produce measurable results.
- Is consistently excellent at communicating our value proposition with every interaction.
- Are comprised of information omnivores: constantly reading, learning, engaging and synthesizing.
We’re looking for a savvy writer and editor to join our marketing team. Candidates must have an intuitive knack and passion for writing and a comprehensive understanding of the software consulting and custom software industry. You’ll be expected to sustain and continue to develop FrogSlayer’s voice across all types of content – blogs, case studies, newsletters, press releases, ad copy, presentations, eBooks, etc.
- A modern-day raconteur, with experience compelling the masses through written word.
- A content strategist that dreams of being Editor-in-Chief for a technology news publisher.
- Technically savvy. You understand SEO and information architecture.
- Experienced working in a B2B environment and you can understand software development and easily communicate FrogSlayer’s value.
- A self-starter who's able to work well without constant direction and is always looking for ways to improve.
- Capable of handling several projects at one time and can work as a team player across the organization.
- A lover of “all things tech” and understand what FrogSlayer does before you start.
- Develop and manage FrogSlayer’s 12-month editorial calendar for publishing content (blogs, case studies, newsletters, press releases, etc.)
- Proofread all internal and external communication and provide feedback.
- Develop and maintain a clear and consistent message.
- Publish blog posts weekly, eNewsletter quarterly, case studies as needed, etc.
- Develop compelling email and PPC campaigns for specific target audiences.
- Take ownership of the website copy and information architecture.
- Optimize content for search engines and lead generation.
- Contribute to long-form content projects like eBooks.
- Analyze and measure results of marketing programs and activities.
- Ability to write and edit engaging, relevant and original copy.
- A passionate and strong understanding of custom software, and its potential to transform growing businesses.
- Ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our FrogSlayer’s various types of content.
- Experience working with a CMS backend like WordPress.
- Experience working with an email newsletter platform like MailChimp.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Experience writing for a publication with consistent and time constrained deadlines.
- 2-3 years of professional writing experience.
You’re motivated by:
- Talented teammates
- Seeing your work change businesses for the better
- Technology and innovation
- Customizing your own laptop
- Having the freedom to choose the best tools for the job
- Paid learning and conference days
- Setting your own schedule
- Health, Vision, Dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Wearing comfortable attire
- A social office.
- Unlimited supply of snacks and drinks (there are even craft beers on tap)
Time Commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week
Hours: General office hours are 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
Compensation: salary, based on skills and experience
Starting Date: Immediately
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Sales
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.